A new release of XE Plus Pack is now available to download.
For Delphi XE – http://www.jed-software.com/files/XEPlusPackTrial.zip
For Delphi XE2 – http://www.jed-software.com/files/XE2PlusPackTrial.zip
NOTE: Update 4 must be installed for the Delphi XE2 version.
XE Plus Pack is a collection of IDE Experts, component editors and property editors available for either Delphi XE or Delphi XE2.
Currently XE Plus Pack consists of eight experts:
- Visual Forms (previously available as a separate product)
- Activate Project
- File Actions
- Remember IDE Tree Options
- Find Bar Alignment
- New Code Template
- Bookmark Guide (new in Release 6)
- Resolution Selector (new in Release 6)
- Mouse Scroll Form Designer (new in Release 8 )
- Structure Pane Enhancements (new in Release 8 )
- Help Shutdown (shutdown DExplorer.exe on IDE shutdown) (new in Release 8 )
Mouse Scroll Form Designer
When the designed form gets too large to fit within the bounds of the embedded form designer, simply use the mouse wheel to scroll the hidden portion of the form into view.
- This feature supports vertical and horizontal scrolling.
- Hold down the control key to scroll horizontally if your mouse only supports vertical scrolling.
NOTE: In XE2, this expert doesn’t always work correctly with the FireMonkey designer. The FireMonkey designer doesn’t play very nice with the IDE and has a number of quirks and inconsistencies. I will continue to investigate making this work nicely in future releases.
Structure Pane Enhancements
This expert has been totally driven by an XE Plus Pack user and would prove especially helpful for other users that use the Floating Form designer layout. This experts helps fix a number of deficencies when dealing with using the structure pane with the floating form designer.
- Add an editor shortcut key combination to collapse the content of the structure pane.
- Optionally make the structure pane the active window after the collapse has occurred.
- Collapse the structure pane when navigating between source code editors.
- (IDE BUG FIX) When using the floating form designer, make sure the source editor structure view is available when moving between the designed form and the source editor for the form.
Makes sure the help system is shutdown when the IDE is closed. All instances of “dexplore.exe” are terminated.
What’s coming up
- Options Import/Export utility.
- Path property editor for FireMonkey
Expected release date – July/August 2012
Two new experts will be introduced.
- Smart Desktops
- Watch Property Groups
Expected release date – August/September 2012.
Disclaimer: Dates and features mentioned for upcoming versions may change.