I’m looking at releasing a small update to QC Plus in a few weeks. If you have a bug or “feature” that you find particularly annoying, please let me know and I’ll see about fixing it. While you could leave issue anonymously in the comments of this blog, I’d prefer you either add a QC report for it or email me directly.
I’ve already fixed a few things in preparation but need some motivation to actually put a release together
QC Plus home
Now available to download is an update for Delphi 2007 of the Beyond Compare IDE Expert.
This update address an access violation you may have encountered when closing an unsaved project and there were no editors open in the IDE. This update is only available for Delphi 2007 users at the moment. The Delphi 2006 version will be updated at a later date.
To install this update just extract the update download contents (BC2007.dll) over the existing BC2007.dll file.
Beyond Compare IDE Expert home
Beyond Compare 3.0 beta has been made public. Be sure to check out the massive number of improvements since Beyond Compare 2.0 by downloading the beta version.
A new feature introduced in Delphi 2005, automatically synchronised the project managers selection to the current editor file.
Unfortunately, this feature can get a little annoying.
- If you have a large project with many files the constant changing of the project manager position.
- If you use the project manager for navigation the current position continually changes when you change to a new file in the editor.
- It also doesn’t always select the correct file. If you have two files with the same name in two different projects, it will always locate the first file in the project manager. Where it should first look in the active project for the file selected.
The good news is that you can turn this behaviour off.
Rad Studio 2007 (and other 2007 versions)
- Close any IDE instances running
- Start RegEdit
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Borland\BDS\5.0\ProjectManager
- Create a new string (or DWord) value called AutoTrack
- Set the value to 0
- Exit RegEdit
- Restart IDE
For 2006 versions replace the 5.0 in the registry key with 4.0
For 2005 versions replace the 5.0 in the registry key with 3.0
To revert to the default behaviour either delete the AutoTrack value or set the data value to 1